What is a Jasig Partner?
Jasig Partners are commercial entities that are strategically aligned with the goals and activities of Jasig. They wish to support Jasig at the highest level, to participate more fully in the community, and to take advantage of the benefits that accrue to Partners. Membership in the Jasig Partner program requires an annual fee.
Who are the current Jasig Partners?
The current membership list is on our wiki.
How is a Jasig Partner different from a Jasig Affiliate?
Jasig Partner status is meant for commercial entities that are fully engaged with the community in some of the following ways:
- Business plans are in alignment
- Contribute significantly to software projects
- Facilitate, support, or encourage use of Jasig software products
- Engage with Board of Directors and working groups
- Develop a product or open source initiative based on a Jasig project
- Advocate for JA-SIG; effectively promote and publicize its activities
Jasig Affiliates support Jasig below the level of commitment of a Jasig Partner. Affiliates are typically characterized in some of the following ways:
- Commercial entities that make use of Jasig software products and wish to contribute to the organization’s sustainability
- Supporters of other open source efforts who wish to align themselves with JASIG
- Non-profit organizations that wish to support Jasig and take advantage of Jasig Affiliate benefits
- Consultants who wish to market their services to the Jasig community
What are the fees and benefits of the respective programs?
How do I find out more about the Jasig Partner and Affiliate Programs?
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
. We are happy to tell you more about the programs and to answer any questions you might have.
I’ve already made up my mind. How do I join?
Send an email to email@example.com. We will send you a Jasig Partner Membership Application. Follow the instructions on the form for submitting the signed agreement.