Jasig is an incorporated, non-profit (501(c)3) organization that exists for the mutual benefit of its members and for the benefit of the academic community in general. More details about the Jasig's operation and decision-making process can be obtained by downloading the Jasig Bylaws, attached below.
Board of Directors
- Robert Sherratt, University of Hull, Chair
- Jim Helwig, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Vice Chair
- Susan Bramhall, Yale University
- Jens Haeusser, University of British Columbia
- Benn Oshrin
- John Lewis, Unicon Inc.
- Gary Schwartz, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- Tim Carroll, University of Illinois
- Tom Barton, University of Chicago
- Patrick Masson, University of Massachusetts, UMassOnline
- Patty Gertz, Interim Jasig Executive Director (Ex-Officio Member)
Board Election Process
- Board directors to be elected for a period of three years.
- Each year, three board directors will stand for re-election, so that with a board of nine members (plus ED), the board could be fully re-constituted within a three-year period.
- Directors may be re-elected for a second three-year period.
- Elections will be held in late spring. Special elections may also be called by the Board.
- If there are not enough nominations to fill all the vacant slots, the Board will select nominees to make up the difference
- Each Institutional Member and Jasig Partner may vote for each vacancy (e.g., if there are three vacant positions, a Member may vote for up to three nominees)
- Nominees are not required to be affiliated with Jasig Member organizations
- In the event of a vacancy between elections, the Board may appoint an interim Board Director until the next election
- Individuals may be self-nominated, nominated by Members, or nominated by non-Members
- Nominees will submit a brief biography and personal statement during the three-week period following an official Call for Nominations
- During the three-week period that follows the close of the Call for Nominations, Jasig Member organizations will cast votes for Board members electronically. The election will be monitored by an Election Committee
- Newly elected Board Directors will be announced at the close of the election period. New Directors will begin their term September 1st of the calendar year.